Clinical Phototherapy Units
Blue light treatment for acne
Proven approved blue light treatment to kill P. acnes bacteria - no drugs, no laser, no pain.
- Effective, non-invasive, and pain-free
- Safe for adults, teens, and children
- Low cost with small footprint
- Can be used for many parts of body
- Revenue Generator - economically sound. Treatments can be delivered by trained ancillary staff
- Private pay - insurance still considers acne treatment cosmetic
Proven and Approved to kill P. Acnes
- Incoherent cool scattered light - no laser
- Patient sits close to lights for 15 minutes
- Treatments easily delivered by clinician
- Sessions 1-2x per week for 5-6 weeks
How Blue Light acne treatment works
Narrowband blue visible light (417 nm) activates endogenous photosynthesizers and porophins within P. acnes creating toxic bacteriocidal environment in the pylosebaceous gland. This inhibits the obstruction of the sebaceous follicle and formation of the acne lesions.
The treatment session lasts approximately 15 minutes. Patient sits with affected areas close to Tru-Blu blue light source for 1-2 sessions per week. Clinician turns on Tru-Blu with keylock switch and monitors treatment. Over 5-6 weeks, the bacteria is killed and acne resolved. No medications, non-invasive, no pain, effective.
Side Effects and Patient Precautions
Patient should experience mild stinging and reddening during and after each treatment. Other side effects may include scaling, itching, crusting, and skin color changes. Side effects should be at maximum the day after treatment, improve markedly by the end of first week, and be completely resolved by 4 weeks after treatment. If necessary, the patient can remove himself from the Tru-Blu at any time. Tru-Blu eye protection should be worn, but clinician should check to ensure that eye protection and hair do not block areas to be treated.
- 110-120 VAC, 60 Hz, grounding plug
- Blue visible lights
- 29-1/2"W x 25-1/2"H x 4-12"D (11-1/2"D with stand)
- Eight blue 417 nm lamps
- All parts (excluding lamps) and labor carry a 3-year full replacement warranty
- Lamps carry a 90 day warranty
Federal law restricts the sale of this device by or on the order of a physician. We are the only company certified to ship phototherapy units to Canada.